But there’s a few more things that change, including our attitude towards things like, staying up late and having clean clothes…
You know you’re a mum when…
- Your baby dresses better than you do.
- You never leave the house without some form of milk/food stain accessorising your clothing.
- Mini cupcakes are a good enough breakfast for you because you forgot to eat, are starving, running out the door and haven’t done the groceries.
- If you’re still awake at 8.30pm you’re cheering, 9.30pm must be a special occasion, 10.30pm whoa hold onto your hats, that’s like 3am in pre-mummy speak.
- A 20% off kids clothes sale at Target is the highlight of your day. No week. No, actually month.
- You enjoy going nuts at said Target sale and would rather shop for kids things than things for yourself.
- Drinks at the pub are replaced with picnics at the park.
- Dinner parties are replaced with daytime BBQs.
- You talk far too much about poo.
- You celebrate bubs every burp, and fart, the relief so great you might as well have done it yourself.
- Your boobs become part of everyday conversation.
- You’ve never had so many random people talk to you.
- Having a baby is by far your greatest achievement.
- The only place you want to be in the whole world is at home with your little family.
What would you add to my ‘you know when you’re a mum list’…?