I wrote this on Monday 1st February, and can now finally publish it!
I sat on the couch on Sunday morning (31st Jan) and thought ok I have one test left. I’d stupidly not read the packet properly and misread test 6 days before your missed period as test 6 days before your period is due.
So no wonder the tests said negative on Friday. Yes, I did 2 just in case! Then as I was cleaning up the dining table on Saturday for some reason I re-read the packet. Ugh, I thought I was meant to wait until Sunday. So here I was on Sunday morning contemplating whether to wait to see if my monthly friend graced itself with its presence or do the test.
60% of me thought I was pregnant. I had been constantly running into things for the past week seriously bruising myself, and my god did my boobs hurt! I was quite teary, and found myself crying at stupid TV shows in the middle of the day. But then the other 40% of me was a bit cranky had some cramps and thought I was getting my period. Oh well, bugger it I thought, I’ll go pee on another stick and if it’s negative this time I’ll be patient and wait and see if my monthly friend arrives on Thursday.
So I pee’d on the stick and sat it on the sink and looked away. I counted to 120 in my head, told myself if it was negative not to get upset and then turned back. I grabbed the stick mesmerized by what I saw. I walked slowly into the lounge room and sat on the lounge. There were 2 lines. 2 lines, people, TWO LINES! I burst into tears and could barely believe what I was seeing. My poor puppy had no idea what was going on and walked over and sat his head on my leg. I said to Jack (puppy), Mum’s going to have a baby. He did the doggy head tilt thing to the side and looked at me like I was talking gibberish, licked my hand then layed down beside me on the floor.
I tried to call Hubby, wishful thinking he’d pick up, he was out racing the yacht for the day. So I just sat there, puppy by my side and starred at the TV. I was desperate for a baby, but I’d also put an enormous amount of pressure on myself to get pregnant soon so I’d be out of my first trimester when we go overseas. Then I panicked that if I put myself under stress it wouldn’t happen.
Anyway, so sitting there I suddenly thought, hang on, the second line is so faint, maybe I’m too excited too early. So I raced into the supermarket and bought another one. Raced home, and whaddya know? It was positive too. So bloody relieved. So now here we go patiently waiting for the next 8 months to meet our bubba! (about 7 months, now but it was about 8 months back then! Now 10 weeks along!)
I know there’ll be some groans from the male Puff readers about how this blog will no doubt change, but sorry fella’s, I’m taking a right and heading down motherhood lane.
It’s gunna be one hell of a ride! Bring on October 2010!